Sunday, May 8, 2011

A rest day!

Happy Sunday to everyone - and Mother's Day to all who are reproductively inclined.
I would like to brag about all the gifts that our dogs lavished upon me today, but no such luck. They were more interested in their own walk(s) than bringing me breakfast in bed. Typical!
I know that I mentioned that the euphoria from the tri eventually wore off - sad but true. Then, I had to face the harsh reality of May. First of all, it is/was May, not June, so while summer is right around the corner, as a teacher, my students and I have many hoops through which we must jump before we can celebrate. It was unusually warm - in the 90's (!), so that made it even harder to concentrate during the many hours of meetings that I endured last week. To top it all off, I felt that I was on the verge of being fired. Slight hyperbole there, but I did have to deal with an "issue" that kept my mind from being completely at peace. Fortunately, that came to a resolution on Friday, a fact for which I was quite grateful. Friday did not, however, mean "weekend" for me. I ended up spending 6 hours or so at school yesterday - about 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. 'Tis the season for APs and other fun activities!
So, when I woke up today at 6:00 am, I happily wiggled my toes and stayed and bed. There was nothing that I just *HAD* to do! Michael and I eventually woke up at the early-ish hour of 7:00 am and stopped by our favorite coffee place on the way to the Farmer's Market. We hadn't been to the Sunday market in AGES! It felt great to seriously stock up on fresh fruit and veggies - lots of kale, fresh garlic, two bags of oranges (the last week!), tons of strawberries, tomatoes and asparagus - those were/are the highlights. This past week was fairly pitiful in terms of cooking 'real' food, so this will be a welcome change.
Finally, I've spent most of the day on the couch grading, watching some "Law and Order" episodes, considering a nap, grading some more. I did go for a relaxing swim and it felt great to be in the pool. Now, I may go back to considering a nap. Or a dog walk.
Decisions, decisions, decisions.
It's nice to have a seriously unplanned, unstructured Sunday. I may toast to that concept as I cook dinner tonight!

No comments: