Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A "cat" in the house!

I know, there have been plenty of new additions to the house with the Bat.  And now it seems that there is a cat - or a kitten!


For the 2015 year, I'll be training and participating in events as a Vanderkitten VIP, which is basically the Vanderkitten Brand Ambassador-type program.  I admit that I was super surprised.  I'd been looking at VK gear for over a year and was planning on getting a kit.  When I saw that they were soliciting applications for the 2015 VIP program, I thought "Why not apply?  I have nothing to lose."  So, I applied, hit "send" and didn't hear from the company for a while.  Then, last week, I got an email informing me that I had been selected as a VIP.  Whoo-hoo!

The company's slogan is "Clothing for women who kick ass" and it supports women in a variety of sports, but focusing on biking (mountain, cyclocross and road).  It's a bit daunting for me to be included in such a group, but I'll try to rise to the challenge!  I'm definitely excited to connect with other women who are swim/bike/running.  While I lean heavily to the introverted side of things, I do find that meeting up with people, especially for training (serious or not), is energizing, and I'm hoping that I'll find a few more training partners and get to know some cool women.  All while sporting some great gear!

7 comments:

mindful mule said...

Wow! Congrats!

mindful mule said...

I used to follow Peanut at http://christinevardaros.blogspot.com who was/is affiliated with Vanderkitten. She's super cool - maybe you'll get to meet her!

Kristina said...

Rob - It's really kind of silly. I actually have zero idea what a "VIP" is supposed to do. But I do like their gear and I really like their motto/philosophy. I'll check out Christine! Thanks!

Kristina said...

I should say that it's really kind of silly how excited I am about it. I don't mean that the brand is silly or the concept of a VIP. I guess I'd rather downplay it? Anyway, meow.

One Crazy Penguin said...

I've never heard of this company, so I'll be excited to see you speak more about it :)

erin said...

Exciting! Congrats! Gonna be a good 2015 :)

Kristina said...

The company seems really cool - again, I love the idea that they want to support women in sports and that they want women to look good while doing it!