Saturday, January 1, 2011

A typical new year's post

So, it IS 2011 Common Era. We brought in the new year/ended the old year by going to a cheesy but fun Italian restaurant (no, NOT the "Olive Garden") with another couple. We aren't great friends with them, but it was a very social and fun night. Especially considering that we drank a magnum of good cabernet with dinner. Once we returned home - at the very late hour of 9:45 or so - Michael and I finished the evening toasting each other over French 75's and listening to Louis Armstrong. We probably fell asleep around 10:30. Ah well!
For our very exciting new year's day, I made blueberry pancakes which were damn good, and we then followed them with popcorn and Diet Coke while watching True Grit. Michael now suspects that I have something for Jeff Bridges since the last movie we saw in the theatre was "Crazy Heart". Obviously we don't get out enough! Anyway, back to "True Grit". I am a predictable sucker for the Coen Brothers' movies, and this was no exception (last year's "A Serious Man" WAS an exception, however). It ranks up there with "Miller's Crossing" and "No Country for Old Men" in my book!
As we drove home, this huge thing was hovering over the Rose Bowl:











It's a ZEPPELIN! It's in the area for the Rose Bowl, which is/was today. If that doesn't augur for a good year, then I don't know what does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated New Year Kristina! Sorry I have been so MIA but you know, life kind of gets in the way of all the things I'd much rather be doing!!

Your NYE sounds far more exciting than mine - I was on a flight home and then in bed at 9:30. It was just another day for us! And that's how I like it.

I hope that 2011 is off to a wonderful start for you and your hubby!